Friday, May 8, 2009

A date and a possible...wish me luck!

So this weekend I have a date! Yes - a real live date! Let's call this one "duke" - he works for a certain company - I'm not very creative with nicknames right now.

"Duke" is smart, funny and a little quirky - sounds right up my alley. We're going to the Clifton Homes Tour (won free tickets from Kate!) and then dinner.

Dates never go well for me - so I don't expect much. I'm not really that excited...I mean - I'm looking forward to it and I hope it goes well but I'm not giddy like a school girl. I think the last few attempts have deflated my balloon a little.

Oye - I just realized - I'm going to have to figure out what to wear? Crap! I hate that part. It's a fine line between "she seems to have a nice rack" and "let me stick a dollar in 'em" - I never know which side to stand on.

There's also another possibility - "mechanic". It's been an odd go with him...He asked me to talk to his sister on the phone first - yes - long story. I thought it went well but haven't heard from him since Wednesday. I know...I know...patience is a...virtue. I'm just not good with patience or virtues.

So - if there are any love Gods out there that feel like reading some blogs - throw some good mojo my way.

But...if it fails...I guess I'll have another good date story to tell you all on Monday.