Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Yam What I Yam

Went to my bi-weekly therapy session today - it was good timing.

This whole thing has nothing to do with any guy...it has to do with me and the situations that made me who I am.

I have to learn to be comfortable in my own skin - and yeah - I know this.

I'm a quirky girl with too many cats. I'm very confident when I'm in my element. I'm kinda shy (yet not demure) when I'm insecure. And yes - I go to therapy (isn't that better than me randomly flipping out?).

So someone will either like me or not - I'm a handful and I readily admit that.

My therapist said I need to think about the worst case scenarios that run through my head. And when I do - I'm supposed to look at it though it was a movie and not me.

Not sure how to do that yet - but I'll sure try.

But again - it's not really about a dude. It's about me. Most of the worst case scenarios aren't to do with a guy? I mean - there - a guy - well worst case - he doesn't call. And while I like him a lot - it's not the end of the world.

So - it's about me. It's about me and all the inadequacies I see in myself.

I'm not writing this to have anybody say "Oh Heather - you're awesome." (cuz you know you want to) This is my own therapy - it's to say - hey it's okay I feel this way. And maybe somebody else will read this and identify and say - hey it's okay that I feel this way too.